Meanderings of the Mind

Breathing is all it takes to be a miracle. --from the movie Garden State

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States

I was recently relocated to Chattanooga by the Postal Service due to the closing of the Remote Encoding Center I worked at in Bowling Green, KY. I had just started my first semester at WKU majoring in Nursing. Since I had recently built a house, my options were to get a lower paying job and lose my house or to move and rent my house out until I have my degree. I chose the latter. I've travelled throughout Europe with my friends and sisters which I consider the highlight of my life experiences to date. I come from a family of 6 kids--4 girls and 2 boys ranging in ages 18 to 34. Only my youngest brother is married at this point.

Monday, June 04, 2007

Mi profesor

I delight in the off-beat humor of my Spanish professor. Every day he gives us these little nuggets of his personal philosophy on life. He claims he tells us these things "to fix in your brain the concept of..." I think he just loves to tell stories and to make us laugh.

Because of his Catholic upbringing, he constantly pokes fun of the Catholic religion and especially the pope. He claims that the Catholics contribute to poor economies by having too many children which is caused by not using birth control. He says, "Abstinence does not work because the Catholics have baby factories; they are called matresses."

He also gave me the secret to the large families in my own religious background. He says, "Give them TV's and they no have babies. They no have TV's, they have lots of babies."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home