Meanderings of the Mind

Breathing is all it takes to be a miracle. --from the movie Garden State

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States

I was recently relocated to Chattanooga by the Postal Service due to the closing of the Remote Encoding Center I worked at in Bowling Green, KY. I had just started my first semester at WKU majoring in Nursing. Since I had recently built a house, my options were to get a lower paying job and lose my house or to move and rent my house out until I have my degree. I chose the latter. I've travelled throughout Europe with my friends and sisters which I consider the highlight of my life experiences to date. I come from a family of 6 kids--4 girls and 2 boys ranging in ages 18 to 34. Only my youngest brother is married at this point.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

A disaster or not?

From the time I got up this morning, my day has gradually been deteriorating in quality. I had a niggling headache when I woke up. That wasn't abnormal since I've been battling migraines for the last week. By the time I got out of class, it was a full-blown, rip-roaring migraine. I allowed myself the rare luxury of calling in sick to work. I tried to sleep it off along with dosing myself with my trusty Excedrin Migraine. I'm now down to a dull throb and the room no longer tilts when I get up.

Since I've been working and going to school full time, my culinary exploits have been few and far between. Besides, I only brought the most basic cookware with me to Chattanooga while the rest sits all lonely and unused in my attic back home in Kentucky. So when I saw this roast on sale at Wal-Mart, I thought longingly of Sunday dinners at my Mom's. So I decided to purchase it, and it's now sending out a lovely aroma.

I decided I also would make some cream cheese fruit dip for the peaches I bought. I guess my brain is still on ice because, before I realized it, I had put twice as much sugar in as I normally do. I was hoping the cool whip would cut the sweetness some. Not enough. What to do? I hate when things are disgustingly sweet--like frosting. So I rummaged through my cupboard and came across some pumpkin. Now pumpkin is fairly tart so this might work. So I whipped in the pumpkin and added some ginger and cinnamon. Ok, it was better, but who wants pumpkin fruit dip? It tasted very similar to a lovely pumpkin torte I like to make so I went ahead and made a graham cracker crust and spread the filling over it. The jury is still out as it sits chilling in the refrigerator.

1 Comments:

Blogger GKStauffer said...

I hope all is going well for you with finishing college. Is your last semester over yet? Or are you attending this fall semester yet? In response to the comment you left on my blog, well, no doubt if you made it through nursing school, you know all about being a "glutton for punishment" as well. :-) Have you decided about what kind of department you want to start in straight out of school? I found a website that you might like, but maybe you already know about it: www.allnurses.com
Enjoy

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home